Why do virtual team leaders love Clean Language?
To be more precise, I should talk about why they love the benefits of using Clean Language across their virtual team. Because while the tool can make a profound difference to how the members of a virtual team work together, they don’t need to love it to use it!
And when they do use it, a few consistent themes emerge – at least, according to the case studies and testimonials I’ve assembled over the last few years.
Typically, using Clean Language as a team:
- improves communication between team members
- highlights hidden individual strengths
- reduces misunderstandings
- improves productivity
- improves creative problem solving
- builds processes for mutual support
- increases engagement
- makes meetings and conference calls more interesting – even fun
- provides a framework to resolve conflicts.
All that comes on top of the benefits of using Clean Language as an individual. Typically, it will help team members to:
- clearly define their objectives
- decide on the best strategy to achieve those goals
- speak up about what matters to them
- understand how they function at their best
- understand how others function differently to them
- develop increased self-awareness
- listen more effectively
- gather more complete information by asking better questions
- give better feedback.
That’s not bad from a list of 12 questions, is it?
- What other benefits would virtual teams get from learning the Clean Language questions? Please comment below.